Registration Requirements in Wyoming

You will need to register your business with the Wyoming Secretary of State. Upon registering, you will receive a State Filing ID. This ID will allow you to pay your annual license tax, described below. You can register with the Secretary of State here

S-Corporation Income Tax

Wyoming recognizes the federal S-election, and Wyoming S corporations are not required to pay tax to the state. S corporations are subject to the annual license tax, described below.

LLC/Partnership Income Tax

LLCs and partnerships are not required to pay income tax to Wyoming. LLCs and partnerships are required to pay the annual license tax, explained below.

Corporate Franchise/Privilege Tax

Wyoming does not have a franchise tax, but it does apply an “Annual License Tax” to all business types (C and S corporations, LLCs, and partnerships). The license tax is a tax on a business’s assets in Wyoming, and applies to corporations, LLCs, and limited partnerships. The tax is $50 or two-tenths of one mill per dollar of assets ($.0002), whichever is greater. The annual report can be found here.

Individual Income Tax 

Wyoming does not impose an individual income tax. 

Additional Information

If your business was formed or is located in another state, but generates income in Wyoming, it may be subject to Wyoming taxes. The rules for taxation of multistate businesses, including what constitutes nexus with a state for the purpose of various taxes, are complicated. If you run such a business, you should consult with a tax professional.

Wyoming Secretary of State:

Did this answer your question?